Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro Gaming Router
Gamers need fast internet speed which they can’t usually get from the normal routers. Netgear Nighthawk series is better in providing the fastest internet speed to the gamers. Netgear Nighthawk XR500 is the first router manufactured by Netgear for gamers only and it added the word gaming in the name of the router. Except this, this router has all new user interface and a lot of features are being added in the router to make it acceptable by the gamers.
The router is stylish and looks good. The user can place it anywhere. The front of the router has LED indicators, a Wi-Fi Protected button or WPS and a button to turn Wi-Fi on or off. On the back of the router, you will see four LAN ports, one WAN port, a reset button, a power switch and LED off/on the switch. You will get two USB 3.0 ports on this router to share things easily with other devices on the network.
Features of this router
- QoS (Quality of Service): With this feature, a user can allow bandwidth to different devices connected to the network. Set the bandwidth according to the usage of the device.
- Geo-filter: Decrease the lag time using these filters. These filters automatically decrease the transformation time between you and gaming servers.
- Dashboard: You can see the router settings and an overview on the dashboard.
- Network monitor: This feature allows you to check from which device or from where your device is getting noise or disturbance.
How to install the Netgear Nighthawk XR500?
Install the hardware first
Follow the steps given below to successfully set up your device.
- Four external antennas are present with the router. Remove the caps on the back of the router and attach the antennas there. Position the antennas correctly so that you can get the maximum output. Take our advice if you do not know how to do it correctly to avoid issues.
- Take out the plug of your modem and if your modem has backup battery then remove it too. Insert the batteries again and plug it in again.
- Connect router and modem using the yellow port on the router. Use the Ethernet cable to make this connection. If the modem is not required to get the internet, you can directly insert the cable into the internet port of the router.
- Supply the power to the router by plugging its power plug into an electrical outlet.
After following these four steps, the hardware setup is completed. Now you have to set up the network to get the internet on your devices.
Setup the network
- Turn on the Wi-Fi button. Check the LED light corresponding to the Wi-Fi.
- Search for the WiFi password and username that should be printed on the product label of your router.
- Connect your computer to the network using the same username and password.
- Open an internet browser on the same computer (means the computer connected to your router’s network).
- The assistant or setup instructions open automatically and guide you to set up the device.
- If in case, the automatic setup wizard does not open then you have to type routerlogin.net in the address bar of your current browser.
- A login prompt opens. Enter the username and password. The default would be admin for the username and password for the password field.
- Follow the instructions. When the connection is established, the internet LED light on the router turns white. Check the LED light for the confirmation of the connection establishment.
The connection has been established. Now you can connect with many devices as you want, but the speed decreases with each connected device as bandwidth gets divided. You may get trouble while installing the router such as the setup wizard does not open after typing routerlogin.net in the address bar. To overcome this query, you can use the IP address instead of using this web address www.routerlogin.net.
It’s a dual-band router that means you have 2.4 GHz band for some easy task and for faster speed, you have the 5 GHz band. There are various other features that can be useful to you. To know more about this router and its features, we are here. Make us a call if you have any query related to this router. Enjoy the fast gaming. If you are a gamer then this router is meant for you.
For any further queries like
- the net is not accessible.
- net is not opening.
- If you are unable to get the login page of your XR500 router.
- If you forgot the admin password to get into the user interface of your gaming router.